I Think Fashion

My photo
London / New York
Think Fashion. Live Fashion. Breathe Fashion. We are two fabulous girls living in the fashion capitals of the world.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I still love Milan ♥

I have to say I was a little bit disenchanted with the big names this season.. all the fresh new looks of London are still lingering in my head. I wish I had Amanda's job :).

But the looks from Milan, in the end, come from the long-established fashion houses and designers, and are not to be overlooked. really, the more you look at these collections, the more you understand why these name have stood the tests of time- everything hopelessly oozes style,elegance, sophistication.

But- and here's the big "but"- first off i have to express that i was deeply disappointed with Prada this season. this was really the only look I liked:


I have to say the scrunched up fabric gets a little bit tiresome after a while.. and the colour palette was just not the best. oh Prada, what happened????

But then again. let's get down to some of the designers that really really impressed me this season.

1. MARNI



By far my favorite collection from Milan this season. the layering of this collection is just ingenious. the colour palette is breathtaking, and i love the quirkiness of the sheer tulle-like fabric over print. it's a little bit marc jacobs meets prada, in her good days. i want to look like this please.

2. LUISA BECCARIA



this is what summer should be like- offwhite dresses, sheer fabrics, wavy hair and maximal prettiness. this collection blew me away.

3. VERSACE



though i'm not much of a Donatella fan, i just love the in-your-face ever present sexiness of Versace. very Italian, I must say.

4. MOSCHINO



i liked the ruffles, the cigarette pant, the hair.oh glamorous decadence.

5. MOSCHINO CHEAP AND CHIC



this season, cheap and chic brings us the perfect summer lady.

6. PUCCI



I love those Pucci colours, and next summer is going to be a very colourful season :). at least for those Pucci ladies. :):)

7. FENDI



I don't know what people I would kill to own that first belt and that second dress. Karl always does it right.

Now I'm waiting for Paris. and Chanel. and then there will be a long, amazing post. just you wait.

Posted by May.

0 comments: