I Think Fashion

My photo
London / New York
Think Fashion. Live Fashion. Breathe Fashion. We are two fabulous girls living in the fashion capitals of the world.

Monday, September 29, 2008

London Fashion Week S/S '09 - Round Up

Topshop Unique - The eighties are BAAACK!
Say Hi to the new generation of bow head bands! The show started with a striking blazer dashed with diagonal multi-coloured heart prints, pencil pants - Topshop brings the 80s back with this quirky new collection - high waisted pants (with loose blouse hanging over it), soft pastel punk colours, exaggerated pattern prints, jeans dungarees and the ever so popular thin waist belt - just the right kind of casual. The collection really emphasised a tight waisted hour-glass silhouette. I really adore the bow hair pieces :D Check out the lovely kiss-o-meter tunic! [As usual, click on the pictures below for larger images!]

This is a photo I took in the Oxford Circus Topshop: I LOVE THE BOW hair-band!!!

Christopher Kane - Fashion of the Apes!
I'm sure you can guess where Christopher Kane's inspiration for this season came from: The movie; Planet of the Apes, his leather skirts were inspired by leather tunics in the movie. Overall, this collection surrounds "animalistic" themes (leopard prints, fur trimmings etc) with big semi circular geometric cuttings & patterns on the skirts and dresses. You'll still get traces of the sheer and lace trend from the A/W '08 collections.

My favs from the collection:

Eley Kishimoto
- Summer Wonderland
This collection reminds me of vintage children book's illustrations - what cute outfits the little girls would wear. I love the tunics with the baby girl floral prints, peter pan collars and fish scale pattern on the tights as well as the sequins. May and I just simply love the collection.


Erdem - I love floral lace.
We're seeing plenty of embroidered floral lace on ruffled garments - this collection accents the carefree atmosphere of a perfect summer day - picture this: you wearing one of the dresses and dancing around in the meadow covered in knee high flowers, where you gently lay on top of fresh flower pedals. I also love the ballerina wedges, the colours of them are amazing.


Luella - OMG:LOVE.
As May puts it (and I agree) Luella has the best collection this season [from what I've seen so far] I'm all about symmetry heheh, but the asymmetrical ruffled skirts creates such voluminous effect :) Also, seems like many designers are reinventing 'loud' head pieces, in this collection Luella has a collection of bright coloured bows and netting for hair deco. Oh! The variety of textures! The bright colours! Rough cut Jackets! WE LOVE!


Posted by Manda.

0 comments: